About WiNEZ

WiNEZ was a monthly event at EZ Street Saloon in South Range, WI. Unfortunately, due to lower turn out the owners had decided to stop hosting the event. The last wine night at EZ was held on November 12, 2014. But that is not to say the die hards won't be getting together for some wine tasting periodically at EZ Street Saloon. I will continue to blog the wines we have tasted pre starting this blog, along with our impromptu meetings, and maybe transform the blog into something more personal. We will see where it goes. I do know the blog will still be about wine!

So for my WiNEZ pals you can count on this blog to serve as an archive of what was consumed and a reference for your spending sprees. For those who are just curious about what the Northwest Wisconsinites are drinking here are some thoughts… but be warned I am by no means a wine expert-I only know what I like. Since I am not an expert I will try to include the winemakers label descriptions as well.

Salute! or as the Finnish would say Kippis!

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Ca’ Momi Moscato

I had all the anticipation of a sweet bubbly light refreshing Moscato and was thrown for a loopty loop when I tasted the Ca’ Momi Moscato.  It was light and bubbly, but lacked the sweetness I associate with Moscato.  It was almost more like a dry Riesling than a Moscato. At first I thought it was just me -were my taste buds off?  The EZ Street Saloon audience agreed it was unusually dry and for that reason we rated it lower.  Curiousity of course sent me looking online.  The reviews I found paint a very different picture- all describing it as creamy and silky and vanilla and floral. I think I better try another bottle, perhaps we just got a bad bottle- it happens.

Varietal: Moscato     
Producer/Importer:  Ca’ Momi
Region: California
Vintage: 2008
Price: $10.99
Tasting notes:
Sight (Color/Clarity): light golden
Smell (bouquet, aroma): fruity socks
Taste (acidity, balance, body): surprisingly dry, bubbly
Bottle presentation: California country.
Label description: “This beautifully integrated Muscat has hints of honey, narcissus, rose and melon aromas. The palate is silky, with a warm balanced spirit and a hint of orange blossom on the finish. This wine is like a sunny spring morning at Ca’Momi; luscious and aromatic, full of flowers. It makes you want to smile.”
Comparisons:
Overall rating (1-10): 3.5
Date consumed: May 11, 2011
Comments: 13.5% alc.  Not a typical Moscato- bad bottle perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment