About WiNEZ

WiNEZ was a monthly event at EZ Street Saloon in South Range, WI. Unfortunately, due to lower turn out the owners had decided to stop hosting the event. The last wine night at EZ was held on November 12, 2014. But that is not to say the die hards won't be getting together for some wine tasting periodically at EZ Street Saloon. I will continue to blog the wines we have tasted pre starting this blog, along with our impromptu meetings, and maybe transform the blog into something more personal. We will see where it goes. I do know the blog will still be about wine!

So for my WiNEZ pals you can count on this blog to serve as an archive of what was consumed and a reference for your spending sprees. For those who are just curious about what the Northwest Wisconsinites are drinking here are some thoughts… but be warned I am by no means a wine expert-I only know what I like. Since I am not an expert I will try to include the winemakers label descriptions as well.

Salute! or as the Finnish would say Kippis!

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Villa Donna Malvasia


Villa Donna Malvasia, is produce in the Italian region of Puglia. It is a sweet and light wine with the color of strawberries and the ripe flavors of Raspberries and Strawberries with a drizzle of honey.

Varietal:  Malvasia    
Producer/Importer:  Villa Donna Puglia
Region:  Italy
Vintage:
Price: $13
Tasting notes:
 Sight (Color/Clarity): Dark Rose’
 Smell (bouquet, aroma): Berries
Taste (acidity, balance, body): Raspberries, strawberries and honey
Bottle presentation:
Label description:
Comparisons:
Overall rating (1-10): 8
Date consumed: February 9, 2012
Comments:

9 comments:

  1. i just tried this wine i thought it was amazing.. now if only i could find a place around me that sells it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you loved this wine, Jenni. I was looking at the blog wondering what is was that we only gave it an 8. I might need to pick it up again. Good luck finding it by you. I have asked my favorite local liquor stores to get me wines that seem impossible to get and they have always pulled thru. Check with your favorite retailer. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh thanks for the idea.. i may request someone get it for me.. cause it was way too good :) i am the person who hates wine but i have found very few i can do and this one was like koolaid to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I have a problem maybe someone can help me. I sell this Wine - Malvasia which is utterly fantastic. I sold my last bottle yesterday. My supplier Phillips Distribution in Wisconsin here will no longer sell this product. They say it's because Malvasia villa donna has let them go. I really don't care what happened other than know one seems to tell me who the distributor is now. I sell a lot of this wine because I have done lots of tastings and it really was exclusively ours in the area because I hand held this wine. Please if anyone knows who the distributor is for Wisconsin now please let me know in the blog. This is a great wine and is inexpensive but yet tastes terrific.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be happy to ask around. I will be stopping by one of my favorite wine shops on friday and will see if they have a name.

      Delete
    2. Johnson bros, saratoga or badger distrib. One of them should be able to get it for you. All three service the superior area.

      Delete
    3. checked Sendics they do not have it

      Delete
  5. Hello highway 33, try wine merchants Johnson brothers , they should be carrying it, 1-414-963-9932 good luck

    ReplyDelete